Maruti Suzuki Ltd:-
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL, formerly Maruti Udyog Limited), a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan, is India's largest passenger car company, accounting for over 50 per cent of the domestic car market. Maruti offers full range of cars- from entry level Maruti 800 & Alto to stylish hatchback A star, Swift, Wagon R, Estillo and sedans DZire, SX4 and Sports Utility vehicle Grand Vitara.
- Since inception, they have produced and sold over 7.5 million vehicles in India and exported over 500,000 units to Europe and other countries.
- Turnover for the fiscal 2007-08 stood at Rs. 178603 Million & Profit After Tax at Rs. 17308 Million. The company has maintained more than 50% market share for the last 7 years on trot.
- At current valuations, Maruti stock has more market cap than even General Motors, indicating more interest from global investors. US Auto industry has its own problems but Indian story is having temporary problems. Car sales may have risen in December after economic stimulus from government and price-cuts from car companies.
- Maruti Suzuki on Friday said its domestic car sales - boosted by price discounts and other incentives - are likely to rebound in December after two consecutive months of decline. Compared with November, December sales should be higher by 22%-25%," a Maruti Suzuki executive, who asked not to be named, told Dow Jones. Versus December last year, it should be a rise of 11%-12%." Company sold 58,401 vehicles in December 2007.
- Maruti says to start Nissan shipment by March2009. Maruti Suzuki's 1st A-Star Export Batch On Way To Port, Maruti Suzuki is Suzuki's exclusive global manufacturer for the A-Star, which will be sold as the Suzuki Alto in Europe, the company said.
Buy Maruti CMP 510 for target 600-620 and above in 2-3 months.